WTTI offers training courses to help prepare you for the AWS Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)/Certified Welding Educator (CWE) examinations. Our course instructors include AWS Senior and Certified Weld Inspectors (SCWI and CWIs) who each have over 35 years experience in welding inspection and education.
The CWI/CWE preparation course provides a comprehensive review over a 6 day period, for a total of 48 instructional hours and can be taught at our facility or yours.
The week includes:
- Three days of theory on welding inspection technology
- One day of code clinic to teach you how to efficiently navigate through AWS D1.1 code book and correctly interpret specifying documents
- Two day workshop offering hands-on instruction in visual inspection and non-destructive testing
WTTI is an AWS commissioned exam site.
Follow this link to request CWI/CWE Prep Course Seminar Information.
|How do I register for the CWI\CWE Prep Course?
||Choose the inspector training course and date you wish to attend.
CWI\CWE Prep Course Schedule 2017
CWI\CWE Prep Course Schedule 2018
|Step #2:||Open the interactive registration form and type in your responses.
Print the form and send completed registration form with payment by
check (mail to WTTI) or credit card (fax or
email). You must register
for the prep course with WTTI prior to registering for the exam with
CWI\CWE Registration Form
||Choose the date that you would like to take the CWI/CWE Exam. These exams are closed, therefore, only course participants may register for the exam dates listed.
CWI\CWE Exam Schedule 2017
CWI\CWE Exam Schedule 2018
||Click on the link to access the AWS website. You cannot register for this
exam through WTTI. You must submit your Exam Application directly to the
AWS after registering for your Prep Course with WTTI.
Go to AWS Certifed Welding Inspector Exam Application
Go to AWS Certifed Welding Educator Exam Application
WTTI offers endorsement seminars that are designed for individuals who hold current AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and Senior Certified Welding Inspector (SCWI) certification. The seminars and exams can be used by CWIs and SCWIs to satisfy the examination and/or continuing education requirements at their nine-year recertification.
The CWI endorsement seminar is a one day program beginning at 8am and ending at 4:30pm with a half hour lunch break.
CWI endorsement seminars include:
- ASME Section IX, B31.1 and B31.3
- ASME Section VIII & Section IX
- D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Structural Bolting Inspection
- D1.5 Bridge Welding Code
- API 1104
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT Dry Powder Yoke Method)
- Penetrant Testing (PT Type II - Method C)
Follow this link to request CWI Endorsement Seminar Information or open the endorsement registration form and type in your responses. Print the form and send completed registration form with payment by check (payable to WTTI) or credit card (fax or email).
Register for the endorsement exam through the AWS.
View the CWS Prep Course Schedule.
Follow this link to request information or open the CWS Prep Course Registration and type in your responses. Print the form and send completed registration form with payment by check (payable to WTTI) or credit card (fax or email).
Register for the CWS certification exam through the AWS.
Several of our more popular technical seminars (lecture) and workshops (hands-on) include:
- Various Welding Code Clinics (AWS D1.1, API, ASME IX, API 1104, etc.)
- Welding Technology for Supervision BPE Specific
- Arc Welding Inspection and Quality Control
- Welding Process Selection and Application
- Welding/NDT Symbols and Joint Design
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Welding and Cutting Safety
- Defects and Discontinuities
- Understanding Standards
Contact us to request information on technical seminars and workshops for your company.